Translate

Monday, February 17, 2020

What's new 02/17/2020

            Today is Sunday and I am here at the key board entering data into this ole computer. We have plans to eat lunch with friends at a local steak house, so our normal Sunday brunch will not happen today. I am sure they will miss us, I wonder, should I call them and tell them we are not coming today. If I don’t called them, they will likely worry as to our health. I am sure they will miss my 25 cent tip (that is not 25 percent, it is 25 cents) I try and not get carried away with tips!
            Speaking of dumb commercials, what, no one was speaking of dumb commercials, then allow me to explicate. Do you like that word, “Explicate”, I like it, and you can google it or ask Alexa if you don’t know the meaning.           
            Commercial; female subject in what appears to be an SUV. It has snowed and she is behind traffic, it appears the road is blocked. She turns the SUV around and drives away finding another road, where she drives out into a snow filled wilderness. She then parks said SUV, puts her skis on, and takes off downhill, leaving her SUV behind. Then a pop up on the screen indicating you can buy one of the SUVs for only $809 per month. Now we know why she left it in the boonies, she can’t afford it!
            Two things. One, who would make a payment of $809 per month, if they could afford that they could pay cash. Two, who would leave their vehicle out in nowhere and ski downhill? Only a dumb commercial would do that.
            Subject transformation: It seems to be a very nice day with temp in the mid-70s. I have continue the demolishing project that I had started. I have charged the batteries to my drills which allow me to remove the wood screws. I do keep a magnet available as I do not drop a screw without immediately finding it, and picking it up. I do not like the idea of sharp objects laying around on the ground. Outside walls have been removed. Hard work starts today.
Photos of progress to follow, click to believe.
                       
            Lets cover one last topic prior to concluding his under interesting article. I had planted a stick that we bought and it is supose to be a black berry plant (photo below). I dought that it will live. That is coffee around the base. If you click on the photo and see some green, that is a weed, the stick appears to not be alive. We kept the receipt and can get our money back.
                                               

Stick or plant, who knows!

Senior demolisher of ole forts, Don Ford

No comments: