Translate

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Work more rest less 01/09/2020

            As I sit here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, and I did mean old computer, I am thinking about the work I need to do. At first I was kind of bored as I thought, I have nothing to do today, and I have nothing to write about. That is a boring situation when you have nothing to do on a day when the weather is cloudy, it is drizzling a very light rain on and off and there is nothing on your mind to write about.

            As I sit here tears swelling up in my ole eyes, I remembered that my wife had said that I could defrost the freezer portion of the refrigerator in the garage. Wow, there is something for me to do! I would still be bored as defrosting that unit is not fun. The refrigerator in the garage is the old one from the house, which was considered as defective. They gave our money back we got a new unit for the house, and they told us we could do whatever we wanted with the unit.

            I have to defrost this thing about twice a year. This time is different from past defrosts. I think we have a bad seal which is allowing some outside air to get into the freezer unit, and that has built up a bunch of frost. I will need to go to the fords ole shed and get a cooler to put the frozen items in. I will need the hose pulled around to the drive way so I can wash each item, or maybe I can just use a bucket of water.

            Please excuse me as I begin another drooling episode in, “The life of the senior Fordpart 28,417. If I am able to sit in front of this ole computer after the epic work load, I will inform you of my tiresome and often demeaning process. Yes, it will also be a demanding process.

 

            Hours have passed and I am slowly recovering from the tedious work load.

            Here is a brief version of this encounter.

First I had to move some Christmas trees that were too close to the work area. Then I had to bring a cooler from the shed to place the frozen items in. As I removed said frozen items I was brushing off the frost from each bag before locating them in the cooler. Then I removed the front shelf, the upper drawer and the lower drawer.

            I hand washed each of the drawers, removing the ice and frost that was present. I then carefully dried each item, not wanting to put any moister back into the freezer.

            Then I got down on my knees in prayer, before placing a portion of my body in the freezer. I could have removed the front using a wrench but I was not sure I could get it back on properly. It was difficult to squeeze my muscular body into the space but I persevered. I removed the ice from the bottom, the ice was thick and hard.

            After removing the last pieces of ice I reentered the unit with a clean dry towel. Again I wanted to remove all water before reinstalling the drawers and shelf.

            Being a smart person, I decided to turn a fan on and blow air into the freezer compartment to help dry it out. That was a very dumb move. After a few minutes I looked into the unit and there was moister everywhere. The humidity today is at about 100% and the insides of the unit were still fairly cold. That equals condensation. I again got on my knees, after turning the fan off, and again dried the inside of the unit. 

            Once I was happy with the drying process, I replaced the drawers and shelf. Seeing that I had completed that portion of the work, I then tossed I mean placed all the frozen items back into the unit.

 

            We are supposed to have some storms here tomorrow so I decided to get a 2 meter walkie talkie, some of the hams just want to call them hand held units, and charge the battery so I can listen in to the storm chasers if the weather gets bad. My Yaesu unit, which like the best has lost its memory (I hope I still have the instructions to reinstall the frequencies). The unit is about 28 years old.

            I have a couple other units so I have them on chargers now.

 

            Anyway, as you can see, it is another boring day with nothing to write about, I guess I will get a cup of coffee and do nothing.

 

May your day be interesting and filled with projects!

 

Senior non-worker, Don Ford

No comments: