Translate

Friday, January 10, 2020

Under foot 01/10/2020

            Before I get into the subject of the day, I would like to tell you a true tell of an event this morning. As usual, Tres and I went out front for his morning escapade. We both walked out to the street curb, the sky was cloudy, and the humidity is still super high, the temperature was 65 degrees, there was no breeze, and the so called weather people are predicting storms for tonight. We are hopeful for rain but, it has not yet came, another dry morning.
            Tres and I re-entered the Homestead and walked directly into the kitchen where we observed a trash bag still in the trash can, which needed to be taken outside. Tres would not help me carry the bag, but he did go out the garage door with me. Guess what we were surprised with! It was sprinkling rain at the garage door, but it was not sprinkling at the front door! There is not more than 100 feet between the front and back doors, one area getting rain and the other not. Odd things happen in Hewitt Texas.

            For those of my reading public who have had children, they know of the term, “Under foot”, referring to the kids always being in the way when one is trying to do something. As you should know, our kids are not under foot any more, but the term still applies here at the Ford Homestead. No, it is not the grand kids who are, “Under foot”, grandees are never classified as being under foot by grandparents.
            Tres and Charlie are the ones who are often under foot. I have a photo of Tres laying where my feet should be under the Ford’s ole desk.              Click to be impressed.
                                   
                                    Above is Tres, and he is truly under foot.

As a person who supposedly reads these postings, one should know I was commenting on two meter hand held radios (Ham radios) yesterday. As Gabi and I headed for school this morning I commented on the ham radios and the possibility of storms tonight.  I explained that I use to be one of the hams who would watch and report on stormy weather. I then noted that I was also an amateur TV operator. I explained that a few of the hams could transmit TV to each other, and that we could see and hear what was happening at the other hams station. 
            I noted that one day a person who worked at DIB told me that they were going through the channels and had seen me on TV. In the olden days most of the TV signals were by broadcasting. I knew the other hams could see us on amateur TV, I was unaware the non-hams could see our transmit ions. 

            Let me change the subject again. The other day I set a small solar panel up in the top of the shed, and hooked it to the battery on the Ford’s ole riding mower. This will provide a small charge to the battery during the months of non-use. This solar panel has a small blue light which indicates it is making electricity.
            This morning before day light as I was letting the Tres outside, I saw a blue light on top of the shed. It was dark except for the outside night lights. I wondered how the panel was able to get enough light from the night lights to make electric. The light from over the garage door does slightly light up the shed.

            New subject, Alex has a basketball game Saturday at 11:00. Later in the day, we will be celebrating David’s 45th birthday. 45 years old, that is half way to 90, wow we get old quick! He has picked a restaurant and now all we need to know is when we will go.


Hope you have a good weekend!

Senior retired person and all around good guy; Don Ford


No comments: