Translate

Friday, January 17, 2020

Days are getting longer 01/17/2020


            If you read the title line, you might believe this soon to be well written article is about the fact that spring and summer are coming. Well, spring and summer are coming, and one day in the future it will be warm to hot again, but this article is not about seasons. Season, what does the word even mean. How does one know if someone is talking about a time of the year or a spice use in food?    “Wow, this is a great season!”         Weather or spice, who knows?
            Ok that isn’t the smartest thing you ever read, it is from a senior person who just got up and hasn’t had a second cup of coffee, yet! Get off my case!

            Our son David has the day off, so we do not need to transport either of the grand kids. What the heck will we have to do? It is raining so we can’t go outside, you would not want me to melt would you. Sugar will melt when it gets wet, so I must stay inside. Tres is upset as he expects us to take the Gabi to school. I had thought about going to the Best store to purchase tax software, but that would require an effort on my part and I don’t have a lot of effort. If I do decide to go to the Best store I could get a cup of coffee from the Star place.
            Let me change the subject a little. I had heard that two million people evacuated a city in the past, and they reportedly walked in the desert for forty years. 2,000,000 people, walking as a group for 40 years, caught my attention. I have been reading a book that has that story in it, this book has four versions so I can compare each version, but the print is small. I am considering purchasing a book with larger print, making it easier for a senior person to read. If I am able to read the entire story, I will be happy to provide valuable information about, “The Exodus.”
            Different topic. As I sat inside yesterday, after the workers finished the cabinet doors, I noticed the Tres had become comfortable. I have a photo, click to enhance.
                                                           
May you be as comfortable as Tres!

Senior, sweeter than sugar, retired person, Don Ford

No comments: