Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Shopping 01/30/2020

            I went to town Tuesday to purchase a couple items. I wanted a black berry plant, but they only had one with thorns and it did not look good, and all the rest were thorn-less. I did not get a new black berry plant.
            I wanted a bottle of libation, I got that.
            I wanted a new office chair so I went to the store a second time to look and sit. After much thought I decided on one chair. I then walked up to the check out and there was 6 or 7 people in line, and the checker seemed to be having problems. I just left the store no new chair.
            If I get a new chair, it will be very difficult for a senior retired person on a fixed income to come up with almost $100. Who has that kind of money to spend on a chair? Heck I guess this ole chair that I have used for many years will serve me for a few more years.
            I would like a chair that is comfortable, one that would allow me to sit here and create these outstanding articles which are filled with valuable insights for you, the reading public. My ole body needs more comfort now that I am over 50 years old (way over).
            If you would like to donate please make the non-tax deductible donations in $50 increments and send them to the Ford Homestead Foundation, mark them for “The Chair”!

            Well I went to the other office supply store Wednesday hoping I would return home with a new chair. They have the same chairs as these two stores are owned by the same company. I again sat on a chair like I wanted, and for some reason it did not seem to sit as well as the one did yesterday. Also the chair had some odd coloring on the material. The one at the other store was all black. I did not get a chair. 

Changing the topic: Friends, it would be a very sad life, without friends. Yesterday a friend, (in this article I do not need to number the friends, that is in reference to a previous article) arrived at our front door with a gift. This friend had read a previous article (01/13/2020) about a Christmas present, that wasn’t. For those of you who did not read that posting, I received a puzzle that was missing pieces. Our friend presented me with a box marked with a French word, “Fra jelly”. My wife said the word was fragile.  I have a photo of the box, click to interpret.
                                               
In this box was a new puzzle of, “The leg”, and it was an unopened box. We haven’t started on the puzzle yet, but we believe all the pieces will be there. It is nice to have good friends!

May you have many good friends!

Senior retired person blessed with good friends, Don Ford

No comments: