Translate

Friday, January 3, 2020

January 3, 2020

            I have a couple photos to present to you, the reading public. One of the photos was taken from the Ford’s ole Chevy as my spouse of half a century and I were going to supper. What? You want to know why we were going to supper and not eating at home. I do not believe it is any of your business as to why we were not eating at home, but in an effort to be transparent (note, I am being politically correct with the word transparent) we found it would be less expensive to eat out.
            We had been given a gift certificate that would cover an evening meal, so we decided it would be less expensive to eat out rather than at home. Another point, when we eat out I am not required to wash the dishes!
            Now please allow me to get back to my story.
            My first wife and I were driving east when we observed a sky that I found to be very interesting. A non-professional photo to follow, taken through the windshield of the Ford’s ole Chevy, click it if you want.
                                   
            As I understand it, what you are seeing in this photo may be the smoke and fires from Australia, or it could be, the sun shining on clouds in the east as the sun set in the west. Either way, it is an interesting view.
            As we entered the restaurant I quickly observed some items with their company name on them. I have been trying to get the manager at a different location to give me a cap with their name on it for probably a year, but with no success. There were two young ladies working as hostess. For my one reader, a hostess takes the customer to a table and tells them who their server will be.  
            We had a good meal and we also talked with the manager of this location. We have known this manager for several years. After eating I decided to get a cap even if I had to pay for it. Cap and the bill for our meal in hand, I walked up to the two young hostess and asked jokingly, “if I want to get out of here without paying, how would I do it”. They quickly said, they would be watching me, and the cameras would record me leaving without paying.  I walked away and along with my present spouse we continued shopping.
            I looked back at the young ladies and one of them said, “We are watching you”! I walked back over to the young ladies and said, “Thank you, it is nice to have two pretty, young ladies watching an ole man like me, it makes me feel good”!
            I was surprised when the manager gave us a friends and family discount on our food and cap. There is a photo of the cap, and a handsome ole gentleman wearing it.
                                               
Click not, and ye will not be enlightened. Click and your day will be filled with happiness!


            Tres wants me to take some shirts to the cleaners and he wants me to get a cup of coffee this morning at the star coffee store. Do you think maybe he just likes to ride in the Fords ole Chevy, and don’t care about the shirts and coffee?

May your day be filled with thoughts of me!

Senior good person and new cap owner; Don Ford

No comments: