Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Does color matter 01/21/2020

            I was faced with the question, “Does color matter”, this morning. The Tres was out in the front yard looking for the newspaper that we no longer get, he was searching the entire yard. Yes, he did water a few things like the mail box during his exploration. When he didn’t find a newspaper, he returned to the front door with tears in his eyes.
            As I stood there waiting on the Tres, I looked at the morning sky. The sky had a wonderful orange glow, with some light blue color higher up in the sky. The sky was very interesting, but I also noticed that the street light was producing the same color on the street below.    There is an old saying, “Red sky in morning, sailor take warning”.  I don’t know if that applies to senior retired people, but we are supposed to get rain tomorrow.
                                               
            If you had enlarged the photo and actually looked at it, you would have noticed the moon was partially hiding behind a limb. The moon being there surprised me, as last evening when I had ventured out in the back 40 I noticed something that I thought was very odd looking in the sky. I thought at first the odd item was the moon, but it looked like a couples stars close together forming a slightly curved line.
            I assumed that my eyes were blurred, then I thought that I was seeing this correctly. I even requested my present spouse to come out and look at it. We both saw it but was not sure what we were seeing. Sorry, I did not have the cell phone with me so no photo. Imagination, space station or alien, whatever it was, we saw it.
            The kids are back in school today so I took the Gabi to school this morning. If it warms up enough today, I plan to remove a bunch of acorns that are around a bench there in the front flower bed. If that works I may even try to remove other acorns that are around the flowers. It will be a lot of work for a senior retired person on a fixed income, but it needs to be done.
Clouds and the street the same color orange!

Senior sky watcher; Don Ford

No comments: