Translate

Monday, January 29, 2018

Who continued III 01.29.18

                I started toward the front yard rather cautiously, when I heard a loud thump sound! I would later learn that the loud sound was from one of the two rocking chairs on the front porch being turned over.

                I paused for a moment, not knowing whether it was safe to go into the front yard, I was standing there in the bright light from the light over the garage door. I thought, I am out in the open an easily seen, I need to either go back inside the house or look around the corner of the house and see who is there.

                Tres was still barking as if he had someone cornered. I had to look around the corner, I wished I had my cell phone, and I wish I had a flash light, but everything had happened so quickly I had nothing.

                I stepped up to the corner of the house, and carefully looked around it. Tres had now moved away from the front porch and was in pursuit of this very large, and should I say ugly, yellow, long haired cat. The cat made it to the neighbor’s yard, and Tres had him treed!

                I walked over to the rocking chair an up righted it, replacing the cushions. I now understand how the noise was made, when the cat jumped in the rocking chair where he was going to sleep the chair rocked and bumped the window.

                As I started to the neighbor’s yard, I quickly learned why the vehicle had been in front of our home. The newspaper was laying there in the yard. 

                I walked over to where Tres had the cat treed and took hold of his collar saying, “Good Boy”. As we walked slowly back to the house, all the mysteries solved, I was hoping that Tres would be just as active and may I say aggressive, if a bad person ever tries to break into the house.

 

                The adventure was somewhat less exciting, as I thought of it the next day.  

               

                 Don Ford

No comments: