Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Reflections 01.30.18

                You are correct, that word, “Reflections”, can mean so many things. Possibly, one of the first references that comes to my mind is, “Thinking of the past”. Isn’t it odd how those old thoughts seem to always be for the most part, “Pleasant”!
                I have an old reflection that is very pleasant to me now, it may not have been when it happened. I was a very young person and I must have done something wrong because my mother was chasing me. I went under the bed, and I remember mom had a broom and was poking it at me, trying to get me out from under the bed. That is a pleasant memory for me. I don’t remember what happened when she actually caught me! Mom may have busted my south end!
                The word, “Reflections”, as I am using it today, has nothing to do with old memories. Although I could search my small enormous brain to see if there are any other old reflections I could share. 
                Let’s define, “Reflection”, the production of an image by or as if by a mirror! Now you should have an idea, of what this soon to be well written article will be about.
                As I see it, the interesting part of this article is, “Tres has been using reflections unknown to us, for a while”! No, I am not referring to Tres looking at himself in the mirror in the bed room. For a long time now Tres will go to the door wanting to go outside. He stands at the door for a minute then he turns his head and looks into the glass of a book case. We have wondered what he was looking at in the book case. After weeks of this I decided to find out what he was looking at. I went to the book case (photo to follow, click to enlarge) and looked inside. He normally looks into the second from the bottom shelf.
I found nothing inside that I thought would be interesting to the Tres. I then got down on my knees, in the location where Tres would stand, and looked into the book case. Note, there are no books in this book case. I could see what he was looking at! This dog uses all information and sources available to him. In the photo below, we can see what the Tres sees when he gazes into the glass, it is, “A Reflection of the room!”

                Do not look at my collectables, look at the reflection in the glass. Tres can stand there, looking at everything in the room through the reflections in the glass, and not have to look directly at his humans.

Use reflections wisely!

Don Ford

No comments: