Translate

Friday, January 26, 2018

Who Continued II 01.26.18

                I cuddled up with my pillows but not my wife, as she was irritated at being woken by a barking dog! As I lay there starting to relax, I continued to wonder what had caused the sound. I dozed off to sleep. About one hour later Tres was at the side of my bed touching his nose against my face. Let me tell you, a wet dog nose against your face has a tendency to wake you up. I reached over and rubbed his head a little and then tried to go back to sleep.
                Sleep wasn’t coming to me as Tres was letting me know he wanted to go outside for a potty break. I slowly crawled out of the bed and stepped into the old house shoes, then I staggered to the back door were Tres was impatiently waiting. I opened the door and he ran outside. I waited at the door as he did his business.
                He finished evacuating his bladder but instead of turning back toward the door, he ran toward the gate at the drive way. I quietly called him back since it was dark thirty and I did not want the neighbors to wake up, but he would not come. He began to bark wildly and he is not quiet when he barks. I continued to call him but he would not come.
                Here I stand with only the bottom to my PJs on, and madder than a mashed cat, I started walking toward Tres considering, “if I had a baseball bat I might use it to teach him to respond to my calls”! When I got to him I grabbed his collar and that is when I saw a vehicle drive from in front of our house.
                Was this vehicle stopped in front of our house, or was it just driving by slowly? Either way, why was it there at 4:15 in the morning? Tres was still barking wildly and tugging on his collar wanting to get through the gate. I did something that I normally would not do, I opened the gate and said, “Sickum ”. Now Tres has never been trained to attack, but since he was so eager it just seemed like the right thing to do, and if there was someone in my front yard or on the front porch Tres was going to find him.
                Tres was on his way at a full run as he disappeared around the corner of the house heading toward the porch!

To be continued: 

Don Ford

No comments: