Translate

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Who continued I 01.25.18

                As I approached the front door I could see a little bit of light in the peep hole. I was being very quiet not wanting to alert anyone who might be on the front porch, that I was at the front door. I placed both hands on the door and started to lean toward the peep hole when I heard something behind me! 
                Someone was behind me! Do I turn quickly ready to fight or turn slowly more in a submissive mode? I decided to turn quickly with fists ready, hoping I could surprise whoever was there. I pushed away from the door with both hands and made fists as I turned ready to hit. To my surprise it was Tres looking at me as if it were time to go get the paper.
                My heart was beating like crazy! To say I was fill with adrenalin would have been an understatement. I gathered my thoughts and slowly turned back to the door to look through the peep hole.
                I thought, I should have my cell phone so I could call the police if I needed to. Hands once again on the door I leaned in to the peep hole and as I got my eye in a position where I could see, the motion light went off. It was completely dark, I can’t see anything! Did they leave or have they removed the light bulb from the fixture?
                I decided to quietly get my phone and wait to see if I hear anything else, or if the light comes back on. I quietly sneaked back to the bed room and found my phone. I turned it on and decided to put my clothes on and call the police. I am not taking a chance that someone is still out there.
                I dialed 911 and the dispatch asked what my emergency was. I told her of the noise on the front porch and that the motion light was on. She told me to stay inside and wait for the police to arrive. She said they will knock on your door when they want you to come outside. She said if you have a gun please put it away before the police get there! I told her I did not have a gun.
                It was just a minute or so before they arrived. They got out of their car and checked around the house shining their lights on everything. Then there was the knock on the door. The knock excited Tres and he began barking. Tres has always been a vocal dog and when he barks one can hear it from a long ways off.
                The dog barking cause my wife to get out of bed. As I headed for the front door Donna grabbed Tres by his collar and held him. I opened the door and there was the two officers standing there. One ask if we were ok. I replied yes we are ok. They both were looking at Tres as he was still barking wildly. I told the officers of the sound and that the motion light had been on. They said they had been all around the house and they saw nothing. The younger officer commented, “With that big dog, I doubt that anyone would try and break into your house.”
                The officers asked if they could do anything else. They offered to go through the house and we said that would not be necessary as we thanked them for their quick response. One officer made a note of our address and or names for his report.
                We closed and locked the doors and I walked through the house making sure all the doors were closed and locked. Seeing that the house was secure we went back to bed.

To be continued:

Don Ford

No comments: