Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Vacation again 12.05.17

                I don’t know why we keep him, he doesn’t do much of anything, and yet he takes time off all the time. If we had to pay him he would be fired!
                Our grounds and equipment manager, yes we added equipment to his title, has taken off for the rest of the month. It is my belief that he looked outside and saw the leaves falling, and then decided to go visit relatives. Heck, we didn’t know he had any relatives, at least not any that would let him visit!
                Anyway, it was a nice Monday, the temp was 80 degrees, and I decided to take over for the grounds and equipment manager an attempt to remove the few leaves that were in the back yard. Looking at the leaves there did not seem to be too many.
                I made a plan and it was to, first pick up all the debris that Tres had brought up, which turned out to fill the Ford’s old red wagon, then take the Ford’s old leaf blower, (No not my breath, a real leaf blower) and attempt to blow those few leaves in to areas where I would then take, the Fords old walk behind lawn mower, and vacuum up those few leaves. The plan was fool proof, and I being full of it, should be able to administer said plan easily.
                Leaf blower in hand I began the task of moving leaves. I quickly learned the 20 mph winds that were coming out of the southwest, could either derail my plan or be a help in my plan. I allowed the wind to help. The leaf blowing was fairly easy.
                I then retrieved the old lawn mower, some plastic bags and began the vacuuming process. Many hours passed as I found that there were a few more leaves on the ground than expected. Now I know why the grounds and equipment manager went on vacation.
                I will insert a photo which might help you understand the demands placed on this old senior citizens body, during this more than stressful project.


                For that one follower who has a tendency to not always understand and or ask questions, the gold colored items on the ground are leaves, and the green is grass that has been uncovered by the Ford’s old mower.

We see, in the above professional photo, the fords old mower, the last leaves that need to be removed and Tres who has been following the entire removal process. He had already began to remove items from the Ford’s old red wagon, and replace them around the yard.

May your grounds and equipment manager, stay at his job!

Don Ford

No comments: