Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 12.24.17

                It is Christmas Eve and I need to go shopping. Yes, you are correct, I am a male and I totally dislike shopping for anything that can’t be found at a hardware store. I also totally dislike, (have you noticed how I am not using the word, “Hate”) shopping where there is a crowd. Today I must venture to Wally World to get a couple batteries. We now have a Wally World in the great city of Hewitt, and it is usually not as busy as the more well established Wally Worlds!
                Yesterday, the Ford’s German Sheppard decided to harass, I mean visit the neighbor lady and her grandchild, who were walking down the street. David and I were getting the Ford’s old generator from the Ford’s old shed, which means the gate to the Ford’s backyard was open. Tres ran out to visit and as usual he was excited to have someone to pester, so he was jumping and running around them, in circles. If it would have been just adults, I would not have been concerned, but when kids are present and Tres is excited, they could easily be hurt if he jumped on them. He is big and don’t know how rough he is when he is excited.
                I went for the shock collar, we have only shocked him one time but the collar also will make a noise and he will stop what he is doing when the sound is projected. The collar was dead. Later in the day I replaced the batteries but they were old and would not activate the sound or shock.
                Now you know why I need batteries and why I must go to Wally World.  
                I arrived at the Wally World at 9:00am, the parking lot was not full and there were open spaces to park near the door. I parked and proceeded into the building. I assumed the batteries I was looking for would be near the jewelry counter, as these type batteries are often found in watches.
                These batteries, two each per pack, cost $4.39 per pack. That is equal to 2.5 hours of can retrieval by my spouse, I hate to have her work over time, but we need the batteries, and she has the abilities.
                I installed the batteries in the collar, and it now works as expected. Tres will not be happy with the idea, but the collar will be needed later today when the family arrive.

Shock not, lest ye be shocked!

Don Ford

this was posted without an email notification. 

No comments: