Translate

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Second time 12.27.17

                I guess you could say this was just being lucky, but I have the feeling it had nothing to do with luck. This story began on Christmas day when I received my gift card to the Star of coffee shops. I don’t want to include their real name as I have not been paid to advertise for them.

                I do like their coffee and the occasional breakfast sandwich, but only when someone gives me a gift card, as I do not like to spend my money, at the coffee shop. I took my Christmas gift card and headed for a cup of coffee. As usual there were about 7 cars in front of me. It took several minutes to get up to the speaker so I could place my order, and then a few more minutes to get up to the window to pay.

                I should have noted that the Tres was in the back seat with his head stuck out the window. It was my turn and I pulled up to the window. A young lady came to the window and said, “It is cold working this window”. It was about that time that Tres said hello, with one of his barks that sounds like a 4 years old attack Sheppard. The young lady almost dropped my coffee. I explained that he was not mean, I could tell she did not believe me.

                I tried to hand her my gift card and she said the car in front of you paid for your coffee. Surprised, I look toward the car but I could not see the driver. Coffee in hand I left the drive thinking that it was a nice thing to happen, and the second time I have had someone pay for my coffee.

                I then thought, it was probably a lady who had seen this hansom gentlemen in the vehicle behind her, and she wanted to flirt with me, by paying for my coffee. Then I thought, what if it was a man who wanted to flirt with me? I then decided it did not make any difference, I got my coffee free!

I hope someone pays it forward for you, too!

 

Don Ford

No comments: