Translate

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The observer 12.20.17

                I, “The Observer”, am always observing. It is not something that can be easily taught, it is something that for me, comes from a learning disorder. I learn easily from seeing and hearing, I have a real problem learning from reading. 

                Is my life kind of a, “Contradiction”? I am not an avid reader, I don’t easily learn from reading, but I enjoy writing these postings, and the occasional story.

               

                Today, as I sat in the Ford’s old recliner, with a cup of coffee in hand, the TV was on, and there was a commercial. I looked at the local car commercial when I noticed, the sales man had a microphone in his hand, with it up to his mouth, as he made his pitch. That struck me as odd, then I noticed the wire from the mike, went to the ground but was not connected to anything.

                Why did he have a mike that was not connected, it wasn’t doing anything? I then observed the reason! This so-called sales person, when he finished his auditory, he turned to walk away and he, “Dropped the mike”. Can we say dumb commercials? The entire commercial was based on dropping the mike.

 

                My spouse of 48 years and I were observing a TV movie, “A Christmas Carol”, the other night. I like the movie but I have a tendency to notice things. It was supposed to be very cold, Scrooge had a folder in his hand as he unlocked the front door to his home. He stepped inside, lay the folder on a small table, turned and walked into the house leaving the front door open. I noted the door was left open, my spouse don’t enjoy my factual comments.

                Possibly my observation powers is why I see things like the birds in the very top of the trees trying to get some of the last heat from the sun as it goes down. Maybe it is why I see and hear things that most people don’t, or don’t care to hear or see. 

 

Observe, Listen and learn!

 

Don Ford      

No comments: