Translate

Friday, September 1, 2017

Is it here 09.01.17


                Look closely, has it started?
                During my walk this morning, I almost froze. I guess I will need to find a jacket to wear during my morning stroll. It was only 64 chilling degrees this morning, the sun is coming up much later now that it is here, or, almost here.
                Today is Friday, I do normally have the Ford Homestead’s grounds manager manicure the lawn on Fridays, or, in his absence, I must do it. Well, I will not be mowing today as it is usually done. I worked both Wednesday and Thursday to get the Homestead property up to neighborhood standards.
                This week, when our front yard was being mowed, both neighbors on either side of the homestead were mowing their yards! It was the first time that I can remember all three yards looking as if they were manicured at the same time! 
                Now that I don’t have to mow, I have a day to relax and enjoy no work!
                What? You want to know what it is! Did you look at the photo? Can’t you see the brown leaves in the green grass that have fallen from the tree? This is a sure sign that fall is here! If it weren’t for my excellent observations and comments, some would not even know when winter arrives.

Look around, you might see something interesting!

Don Ford

No comments: