Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Work not lest ye be tired 09.27.17

                Boy, is the above title true!  I was tired yesterday afternoon, cause I had to work! Was I again forced to work? Nope, it was voluntary, so I can’t complain. 
                Yesterday, at the end of my noon nap, I decided to go to the home depot and purchase some wood in an effort to get the Ford’s hot house ready for the coming winter event.
                I had previously worked out a bill of materials for this project, but being careful, I took the list along with my pencil out to the job site and reviewed my needs. Final list in hand, I proceeded to the store. I observed a female putting some wood fence planks on her cart. I then changed my mind and acquired a couple of the planks, instead of 3 each 1 X 4s. I then loaded 7 each 2 X 4s on to my cart and headed to the checkout.
                I carefully loaded said lumber into the bed of the Ford’s Chevy, and headed for the Homestead. Arriving at the Homestead, I unloaded said lumber and carried it to the work site. After that I had to take a break! 
                I didn’t again return to the job site until after picking the Alex up from school. Grandees headed for home, and I went out to the job site, with a hand saw that was my dad’s. After considering the amount of work involved I decided that a hand saw would be too much work for this retired senior person.
                I acquired the 100 foot extension cord from the shed and connected it to the outlet. I then procured the reciprocating saw from the shed. At this point the work started. I had to remove all the items that I have stored in the hot house along with the pool ladder. I used the reciprocating saw to remove 50% of the plastic steps from the pool ladder. That accomplished I relocated the ladder into the hot house.
                I then measured the 2 X 4s and cut them with the reciprocating saw. The fence planks were the correct length so no cutting needed. I then place the 2 X 4s in their proper location. Photos to follow.

   

Above two photos viewed through the open door. Photo below viewed from the back side after I had relocated all the stuff back in the hot house.

                During this entire project I had been watching the sky as there was a chance of rain.
                Completing the work I headed for the old rocker to rest with a diet coke. I turned the fan on to provide a breeze in an effort to cool down.
                When I sat down on the old rocker, I checked weather bug and there was rain all around Hewitt. I then looked up at the clouds and thought, “God, you can let it rein now”. I had no more than completed that thought when I felt a drop of rain. It began to sprinkle immediately after my statement, or was it a prayer? Whichever, there was sprinkles of rain.
Maybe one of these have been watching me.

May your day be blessed!

Don Ford
               

No comments: