Translate

Monday, September 18, 2017

Get Ready 09.18.17

                We had a few days of fall like temperatures so I did a little outside work. I removed all the collection of tools and other junk I had placed in the Ford’s warm Hot house. There had been weeds that grew during the fall and winter months, so when the flowers were disseminated through the grounds I went inside the hot room and sprayed weed killer. Those weeds perished, but were still inside the building. I removed them and now the inside of the building is more or less clean. See photo below, click to enlarge.

                If you have looked at the photo, you may have noticed that I have an old above ground pool ladder installed. There will be some modification to the ladder and then it will be used as a shelf for storing flowers in pots this winter. I will remove the bottom steps and then the third from the bottom steps. There will be boards place on the remaining top and lower steps. These boards will be attached to the steps.
                It has been determined that 17 flower pots with flowers (properly trimmed) can be placed on the ladder shelves and the floor under the ladder.  There will be side shelves which allows for an additional 20 flower pots. 37 flower pots in total may be placed in the small hot house and I will still be able to water each pot during the winter months. 
                Fall will come to Hewitt this Friday, it is supposed to be a cool 93 degrees, I am not sure when it will get to your home.
                If we are able to afford the wood for the shelves in the Hot house I will take another photo and post it for your enjoyment.

May your day be blessed with much kindness!

Don Ford

No comments: