Translate

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Relax and enjoy the weekend 09.25.17


                I am sure you have over the years learned various methods of relaxing and enjoying a weekend. This weekend our oldest son and his wife along with two friends, came to the Ford Homestead to visit. They had plans to go to the stock car races Saturday night. The husband of their friend has a race car, and was racing Saturday night.
                Everyone knows that eating is one of the best ways to relax during a weekend, so we all went to George’s, a local restaurant, to partake in an evening, I mean afternoon repast. There was lively conversation on various subjects. The subject of Tres, our 49 pound 5 month old puppy came up several times.
                You know me, I like to tell “True” stories, so I told one about Tres, which goes like this. It was dark outside and I was sitting in the Ford’s old recliner trying to watch TV, when out in the back yard this dog started barking.
                Now you should know that Tres, even though he was just a 5 month old puppy, has a voice like a full grown dog. He is very loud when he barks. He is as loud as the full grown part Sheppard in the next door neighbor’s yard. As I tried to relax from the long days labors, I heard a dog barking. I sat there hoping he would stop but no he did not. I got the look from my present spouse, and I knew I should attempt to pry my tired old senior body, off the Ford’s old recliner, and call Tres into the house. 
                It took several tries for me to get up, but I was able to drag my tired old body over to the back door, pushing the door open I stepped outside and called out to Tres. Tres has a bad habit of ignoring me when he is playing, or barking at someone. I called out several times, each time my feeble ole voice was louder than before. As you might imagine, I was becoming more upset each time Tres ignored me. The barking had to be bothering the neighbors, it was bothering me. What was he barking at?
                I considered using a baseball bat, if and when I would get hold of him, to teach him to stop barking. Madder than a mashed cat, I looked back through the door to show my disapproval of Tres’ actions to my spouse of 48 years.
                Surprise, surprise, Tres was looking out the door at me! It was the neighbor’s dog that was barking, Tres was inside the house. I did not feel the least bit foolish!
                Back to relaxing over a weekend, as I was sitting on the Ford’s old rocking chair Saturday evening, diet coke in hand, I became aware of another way of relaxing. Charlie was showing me his way of relaxing, photo below.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as Charlie!
        
Don Ford

No comments: