Translate

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tired from labor 04.18.17

                As usual, when work is to be performed here at the Ford Homestead, the grounds Manager is nowhere to be found.
                It was a Monday, there was a forecast of rain for the day. There was some dead wood in the trees in the front yard and I was determined to remove the unwanted wood. Some of you may know, when this wood butcher gets started, the focus of dead wood often expands to live wood.
                In an attempt to keep this wonderful story which is mostly about me, short, I will skip some of the details like, how many times I had to climb the ladder, or the fact that I was using a manual 16 foot pole saw. I will spare you the detail that I started about 9:00am and did not finish until after 4:30PM, or that I did take time for a short lunch of leftovers from the Easter Sunday Meal which was real good, or that I had a brief nap after lunch. I don’t want to explain that all the limbs that were cut in the front yard had to be manually pulled to the back yard or the fact that my 7 year old grandson help me pull them back there. I refuse to go into the details of how I cut the limbs in to smaller units as I placed them on the trailer and the fact that I walked the entire front and back yard pulling the Ford’s Old Red Wagon while I picked up all the debris left from the limbs or that I put all the debris into the trash container. I will not explain that I had to put all the tools away at the end of the day.
                I just think it is better to leave those boring details out of this informative and I should say interesting article. Before anyone asks, I am tired today, I am sore in many areas of my senior citizens body.
                No one cared that I was tired from all the labors, not even Molly. As you may be able to see, she had assumed her position on the table next to the old Ford’s rocker. I explained that I was tired from all the work, she looked away and stuck her tong out (click to enlarge).  Yes there is a Texas flag in the back ground, yes I had clean clothes on as I had taken a shower.  Molly is not a lap cat, but she will jump on the table in an effort to get petted.

May your work be appreciated!

Don Ford

No comments: