Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hair 04.20.17

                I need to get my hair cut. As I understand it, Thursday is the best day as the stylist I frequent, have fewer customers on Thursday.

                I have been saving since my last haircut, what little money I can find. Those of us on a fixed income find it difficult to get the necessary funding for necessities like haircuts. I would ask each of you to begin to toss out aluminum cans as you drive, so we who are on a fixed income can increase our incomes!

                What is the plural of hair, it is hairs. But we don’t say I am going to get a hairs cut. We could say I am going to get my hairs cut, but that would sound kind of dumb. What if someone said, “Look at that girl, her blond hairs are pretty”? 

                I hope the stylists cuts all my hairs and not just my hair. Now that we have brought that up, I do have a single hair, that is, “one hair”, which grows on my nose. So If I say I want a haircut she might cut the one hair on my nose and charge me for a, “Hair cut”.

                Why can men grow more hairs, on and in, their ears, than on the bald spot on their head? I remember my grandpa the Rev. Bede Wyatt, (I am not sure how to spell his first name) had hair growing out of his ears. I guess that old people 60 years ago did not care about the hair in their ears. One thing for sure, a fly or gnat would not fly into his ears. 

                Who decided how to spell gnat? I bet it was someone who has a doctorate in bugology. This person probably was smoking some of that Mary Jane stuff, when he came up with that spelling. They should always check with the staff here at the Ford Homestead before they decide how to spell anything! 

 

Gota go get my hairs cut!

                “Gota”, is an acceptable word, which I learned years ago in Missouri!

Don Ford

No comments: