Translate

Friday, April 7, 2017

Black is beautiful 04.07.17

                As we all have heard, “Black is beautiful” and I am one of those who agrees. I would ask a thoughtful question, “How do we get to Black, and how long does it take to become Black?” Please consider that question as I provide other information.
                It was a calm day here in Hewitt yesterday, and a calm day allows a retired senior an opportunity to cut some tree limbs. This senior will not try to trim trees on windy days as the limbs are moving back and forth continually. When I am sitting on the top of an eight foot ladder looking up at the limbs moving all around, I get the same filling that some people get when they are on a boat in the ocean, dizzy feeling. Also when the wind is blowing it can send the saw dust into a senior’s eyes.
                I was able to cut several limbs that I was wanting to get down for a long time. Imagine if you will, a physically fit senior (or me) sitting on top of the 8 foot step ladder (I feel very secure sitting) using a 16 foot pole saw to cut limbs that are 24 to 26 feet above the ground.
                The bad part to this process is after the limbs are on the ground, they must then be cut up and taken to the Ford’s trailer.
                Would you believe, the CEO told me to water the flowers and garden after all the wood butchering I had already done, she did! While watering, I was able to capture a photo which takes me back to the title topic of this fine article.
                “Black is beautiful”, and so is Green! I am unsure how Green turns into Black or how long it takes. In the professional photo below, one can see the Green berries which are the beginning of Black Berries! Click to enlarge.
 
                Today, our grounds manager has been instructed to manicure the Ford Homestead’s Lawn. We are finally getting him to do some work!

Be nice to your Grounds Managers!

Don Ford

No comments: