Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Everything is Bigger in Texas

I have today begun to believe the above statement. You are correct I have lived here for many years and I am now a naturalized citizen of Texas. Even though I have heard the statement, “Everything is bigger in Texas”, I had to see it to believe it.
               I guess the fact that I don’t usually believe something until I have seen it is a throwback from living in Missouri. As you may know, many Missourians habitually say, “you got to show me”, when something new is presented to them. That is where the comment “The Show me State” saying comes from.
               Back to my originals thought; “everything is bigger in Texas” became a true statement this morning as I was standing on my driveway sipping on a cup of hot coffee. As I surveyed the landscape (AKA my front yard) I noticed the Easter Bunny had already visited our home and had left some enormous colored Easter eggs.
It must have been a big chicken that laid these eggs and a very large Easter bunny that delivered the eggs.
For those of you that are very observant, you may have noticed the Bunny next to the eggs. That is a cement bunny and not the Easter bunny. The cement bunny is way too small to have delivered those eggs.
 
New subject; the neighbor did have a fellow come and mow her yard and it surprisingly looks very nice.
 
New subject: My wife of 43 years 11 months 23 days broke the washing machine last night. This is a major investment for “The Ford Homestead”. If you want to donate you may send your donations to, “The Ford Foundation for the Preservation of Don Ford”.           
The washer was only about 30 years old so I can’t understand why it would give up the ghost. I have been assigned the task of finding another washer. Can you believe that my present wife would allow me, to attempt to purchase a washer that she will use hopefully for the next 30 years?  My first stop this morning will be at Goodwill and if they don’t have a washer I may try the second hand store in East Waco.
 
That is all for now, I hope you have a safe and fun weekend.
 
Don Ford
 
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Go buy your wife of 43 years, 11 months and 23 days a NEW washing machine! You got a new string trimmer to do your job, now get her a new tool to do her job, which, may I remind you, benifits you too!
Happy Easter to all!