Translate

Monday, March 4, 2013

Trailer loading Physiology

               Yes, there is a physiology of trailer loading and I will be your guide through the process.
 
               First, what important event happened on this date 2010?
It was the birth of my grandson Alex.
He and I plan to celebrate by going to the park playground and then visiting a fast food establishment for burgers and fries. The formal events (gifts and cake) will be this evening when his parents get home from work.
 
      Now back to trailer loading process as presented by me.
      Some of you may think that my expertise in trailer loading came from my years working in the distribution centers. To be truthful, I did learn a few tricks to the process from distribution.
 
      Often the art of trailer loading is passed down from father to son. It might be compared to learning how to ride a bike. Often dad will put his son on the new bike and walk along holding on to the bike while the son learns to balance. Loading a trailer could be seen in a similar light; the father forcing requiring his son to help load a trailer before playing with friends.
 
      That is not how it happened to me. Our family was too poor to own a trailer. I have developed my own techniques for trailer loading and it is often based on the unloading process. What I am saying is; as I load the trailer I think about how difficult it will be to unload and I try to make it easy. When I haul limbs to the dump there are city workers there that unload the trailer and I attempt to load for easy unloading. There is a loading technique that I use which allows the person unloading to pull the entire load off. That will not be seen in the photo today.
 
      By the way my dad did not walk beside me holding the bike while I learned how to ride my first bike. I had a big brother and kids in the neighborhood who knew how to ride and I learned from them before the purchase of my first bike. Also, in our neighborhood none of the kids were selling or using drugs and although we were shooting each other a lot while playing cowboys we were not using real guns. Things have changed.
 
               Below I have placed a photo of the trailer which has been loaded and ready to go. The thought process in this loading was to load the heavy logs on the floor of the trailer balancing the load over the wheels so the front or rear is not too heavy. Then I loaded the smaller limbs on top.
I am sure one of you will see the blue tape on the trailer side rails and assume the tape is there to help in the loading process. We all know what happens when we “ass/u/me”, the tape is there for a different purpose.
 
You are correct, that is a lot of work for a retired person.
 
It is supposed to get to 85 degrees this afternoon with lots of March winds.
 
From the trailer loading mind of Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 

No comments: