Translate

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Upset Neighbor.

               I think I have upset my neighbor by offering to mow her back yard. I am sure I did not approach her properly.  I was mowing my front yard when she pulled into her drive way. I stopped mowing and said to her, I will mow your back yard if you want”, to which she responded very quickly, “I have a fellow coming tomorrow”.
               I did not mean to upset my neighbor; the yard does need to be mowed in a bad way.
 
Last Sunday, I decided to purchase an item that I had been considering for a while.  I have been considering this tool and the Wal-Mart had one that seemed to be a fair price. It should be understood that being on a fixed income we will not be able to afford lunch at the Ford House for a couple weeks. Being on a fixed (aka restricted) income, we must make choices and sometimes the choice is between a new tool and food.
 
               This new tool is to be used in yard care so starving my first wife and me was the choice. We can consider the lack of food as fasting prior to Easter. If you remember I am an ordained minister (via the internet) and that kind of requires me to get ready for Easter.
 
               The new tool is a string trimmer. Yes I do have a string trimmer but it is big and gas powered. I have wanted a smaller unit that is electric powered. The unit is battery powered and it came with two batteries. I used it yesterday in the front yard and it worked as expected. It is not as powerful as the gas trimmer but it does a good job.
 
               Now the reason for this story is to explain that I am charging the batteries for the trimmer using solar power. The solar panel on the shed had charged my lawn battery and another battery during the winter months. I have plugged the battery into a timer and set the timer to charge the battery between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
 
               My constant companion “Tejas’, just informed me of a lawn mowing service at the neighbor’s home. I looked out and this fellow is knee deep in weeds trying to clear a path along the fence in the back yard.
 
I hope you have an outstanding day.
 
Don Ford           
 
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ace Hardware, AND Walmart?
Boy, are you in trouble mister!