Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Who needs a body guard?

 
            Yesterday was a good day, Alex and I went to the park playground for some exercise for him. We did have a frosty from Wendy’s fine food restaurant; we both got a nap in the afternoon.
            The Wendy’s experience is the subject of this posting.  For some reason Alex enjoys going inside and eating when I prefer the drive through. Alex won so we parked and went inside.
            I should note that many times when Alex and I are out and about, someone will refer to Alex as my partner or buddy and I explain that he is my body guard.
            We enjoyed our frosty and decided to head for home. To get to the pickup truck we walked on the side walk along the driveway and then needed to cross the drive. We always say "let’s look both ways to see if there are any cars coming". Today there was a car followed by a pickup truck approaching. The car stopped and signaled for Alex and I to cross. I said lets go the car has stopped. Alex had been holding on to one of my fingers grabbed my hand with both of his hands and pull back away from the drive saying no. He would not cross in front of the stopped vehicle. We stepped back from the curb and I signaled for them to drive past us.  The lady driving the car pulled up to us and said, “he has been trained well”. Now when I say Alex is my body guard it become a true statement.
 
From the well-guarded mind of         Don Ford
All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
                 
 

No comments: