Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Me complain?

               Yesterday my constant companion Tejas and I were taking a stroll through the yard. Tejas had noted that I should probably pick up all the small limbs that have blown out of our trees. Tejas knows I don’t like to run over debris with either of my mowers.
 
My constant companion noted, the neighbor to the south had improved their back yard with a major clean up and mowing, while the neighbor to the north has done nothing.
 
It seems as if Tejas and I have these discussions every spring. Obviously, the yard at “The Ford Homestead” is always immaculate. I am sure it has something to do with the retired person (me) that has been assigned yard maintenance. 
 
I have thought about offering my service as a, “lawn care professional” to the neighbor but I then think about the fact that it might become work.  Do I really want to work? What happens when I need my nap?
 
I hope it is warm enough to mow today or tomorrow because the weather person has predicted rain, starting Thursday through Easter Sunday. My idea of the correct temp for mowing is between 60 and 70 with no wind. I may have these ideal conditions a couple time per year, one in the spring and maybe one in the late fall.
 
I had to leave the computer for a few minutes and now I have returned. It seems we had a plumbing blockage and we did not own a plunger. Alex and I went to the hardware store (don’t tell anyone it was an Ace store, I went there because it was close) and purchased a “plumbers Helper” aka plunger. I can now say that the proper drainage has returned.
 
We will have Easter dinner here at “The Ford Homestead” this Sunday. My wife of 43 years11 months and 21 days had indicated she will prepare a brisket. The family will be here for the noon repast and probably a neighbor or two may visit later in the day.
 
I hope you have an excellent week and a nice Easter Sunday.
 
Don Ford  
 
 

No comments: