Translate

Friday, September 27, 2024

September 27, 2024

            Good morning to everyone, yes, even to you. We had a good day yesterday and we are looking forward to another good day today. We did learn that the MRI showed no change from back in 2021 to the MRI taken Wednesday, that is good news.

            I did very little yesterday, I did get the hair on my head cut and I think it looks good for an ole retired person’s head. The young lady who cut my hair commented about crickets being everywhere. I remember many years ago that we had a year when there were so many crickets that they were covering the walkway to the door at DIB lunch room. If memory serves me, and it often does not serve me, we had to get a broom and sweep them away so everyone could walk in without stepping on the crickets.

            Leaving the hair butcher establishment, I noticed that there were not too many vehicles at the gas station, and seeing that my vehicle was “about half empty”, (that is the negative way to state the amount of gas in the Ford’s ole pickup), I could have made a positive comment, saying, “about half full”, but if I would have thought about it in a positive manner, I probably would not have stopped for gas. I like to not get below half a tank of gas.

            The garage door opener has two lights on it that come on when you open the door. One of the lights was out and I noticed that both lights had dead bugs in them. So, I decided to clean them and replace the one light bulb. During the cleaning process I did accidently drop a couple dead bugs on the floor, so I decide to sweep the floor. With the garage door open the wind was blowing and it was affecting my sweeping. I did get the floor swept and even if I do say so myself, the floor looked good.

            I do have some items in the garage that I need to dispose of, but deciding what to toss or give a way is sometimes difficult for us ole senior people. I keep too much stuff, aka junk. I just thought, I do have another gas-powered generator in the shed that I should check out and see if it still runs. It is in an out of sight place so I don’t think about it too often.

            We did sit outside for a while before going to the High School to hear Alex and his orchestra play a few wonder-filled tunes yesterday evening. They were very good and have improved a lot since the seventh-grade concerts. Photo of Alex.


            I got a photo of Molly while we were sitting outside for my enjoyment.


            Well, I should stop and do something productive. We hope you all have a good day, please stay safe, and thinking about being safe, please pray for those people that are, were, or will be in the storms from the hurricane.

Storms be bad.

Senior ole person who should do some work, but may not, Don the Ford.

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: