Translate

Monday, January 9, 2017

Obsessions 01.09.17

                Do we all have obsessions? I say yes!
                Am I going to tell you about mine, nope!
                You don’t need to know all my secrets, but now that I think of it, if you have read many of my posts, you probably know of most of them. I do have an obsession with writing these posts. There, I confessed, and I feel better, but I am not going to stop!
                Why did I get started on this subject this morning? It may have been due to the morning TV crap I mean so called news shows. This unnamed female movie person was talking at an awards program. I don’t know why anyone would watch awards programs unless they had a family member getting an award. She talked about an unnamed person who may be sworn into office in a few days. It should be noted that she did not use this person’s name but everyone knew who she meant.
                She has the right to say whatever she wants to say! In part, my comments about obsessions is in reference to the elected official who takes office in a few days. He can’t seem to restrain himself (not respond, tweet) when something is said about him by others! That seems to me to be an obsession. He, like most of us, probably has many obsessions and those obsessions are probably why he is rich.
                Having these obsessions is one thing, (we all have them) controlling them is something else.
                Consider if you will, someone has an obsession with eating. If they can control it, then they are ok. If not, they will likely be obese. If someone has a cleaning obsession, there home, car, work place will be immaculate. If they can’t control this obsession, they may never enjoy relaxing with a good book, TV show or just sitting around with family and friends.
                There is a difference between desire and obsession.
                Desire, I would like to have a nice restored 55 Chevy, the key word is like!
                Obsession, a person spends many thousands of dollars to have the 55 Chevy.
                As I see it, controlling ones desires and not letting them turn into obsessions, is an important part of one’s life. Understanding that one has an obsession is difficult for the individual, but not for those around them.  Recognizing an obsession is the first step, and may very well be the most difficult step in controlling it. 
                Think about the above comments. Maybe you can help someone control their obsessions!

May your desires not be obsessions!

Preacher Ford
                        I signed it as preacher Ford since I was preaching again!

No comments: