Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Surprise, surprise 01.04.17

            It is unusual that I would ever be surprised, but today, I was!
            Today was a normal Tuesday, my first wife and I had planned to remove the rest of the decorations from the front yard. When I say, “The rest”, that is an indication that some of the decorations have been removed. The removed decorations have not been put away as of yet, and can be found lying in the back 40.
            You see, when I go to the out building I want to remove those items that are in the way and then place all the decorations in the building all in one day. We were unable to remove the decorations from the front yard today, as my present spouse was reportedly sick. She didn’t have an excuse from the doctor, so there will be a written warning put in her file. Yes, I require a doctor’s excuse of any illness.  
            Gabi and Alex were here again today, due to the Christmas school vacation. We kept them away from the reported sick person, as we did not want to take any chances that she might actually be sick.
            As I was sitting in the old recliner pondering what I might do the rest of the day I heard an unusual sound outside. Now we are accustom to the sounds of rocket testing, but this was a different sound. It had a sound of a very large mower or some similar piece of equipment.
            I sprang from my chair and dashed to the front door. There it was, my surprise of the day! There was a street sweeper sweeping and vacuuming the streets. Had he made a mistake, or was he supposed to be cleaning our streets? Whichever, I was happily surprised. There were lots of leaves and some small sticks all up and down the street. The street sweeper was doing an excellent job! The street in front of our house is clean enough that one could eat off the street, almost! Nice job Mr. Sweeper.
            As we know, the neighbor to the south of the Ford Homestead, never cleans the limbs leaves or other trash I mean items from the street in front of their house. I thought how nice it would look after the sweeper clean their portion of the street. The sweeper had to go around the vehicle parked in front of their house, and was not able to clean up their leaves, crushed pecans and small limbs. The entire street, except for where their vehicle was parked, looks great.
            The chance of a life time lost to a parked vehicle!
            That was my surprise of the day! Oh, in case you are interested, my first wife is feeling much better! J

May all your surprises be good surprises!

Don Ford

No comments: