Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2017

They didn't ask me 01.26.17

                As I sat on the front veranda here at the Ford Homestead, it became apparent to me that whoever sets up words, had made a mistake. I wish they would check with me before they decide on how to use words.
                This has to do with some numbers that could have been pronounced correctly, but they messed up and they are wrong.
14           four teen
15           fifth teen               why did they decide on fifth-teen and not five-teen?
                A fifth can be a bottle of   booze, but it is only part of anything.
16           six teen
17           seven teen
                It is 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, so why not fourteen, “fiveteen,” sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen
                If they would just ask me first, these things would be done properly.

                I went riding yesterday with some friends, yes I have some friends! The temp was 52 at the beginning of the ride, and reached a high of 61 during the ride. The sun was supposed to shine most of the day, but it did not. Lunch was at a small hamburger place, in Andice, Texas. I was told they got the name Andice, from a sign that originally stated, “Beer and Ice”. The story goes that part of the sign blew down in a storm and was never replaced. They started calling the place Andice.  I guess that is a believe it or not, but you can find it on a map.
                All in all it was a good ride of 261 miles.

Have a very nice day!

Don Ford

No comments: