Translate

Friday, January 6, 2017

School 01.06.17

            I have recently written about an event that happened in 1957, and the fact that we were on my former school grounds, “May Green School”. It isn’t a school any longer, it is now a church or at least owned by a church.
            I will attach a photo that was taken at the may green school in years past. I acquired this photo from the Southeast Missourian Newspaper (I get daily highlights from the paper via email). It is not important but, I was employed by the Southeast Missourian paper right out of high school, for about 2 years.
            Kind of odd that I worked for the newspaper, as I was interested in anything mechanical as a young person. In high school I took Auto Mechanics and made outstanding grades (possibly the only time I made good grades). My teacher told me and one other student, that he had given our names to the local Chevy Dealer, and we had a job after high school, if we wanted it. I went to work at the newspaper? Odd!
Below is a photo taken at my old grade school. This is at the south west corner of the school. They spared no expense when making play grounds. Click to enlarge, I am not in this photo.
 

Climb to the top and have fun!

Don Ford

No comments: