Translate

Friday, January 27, 2017

Cancel nope 01.27.17

                It is too cold outside today for our grounds keeper to be outside working. Before that one person asks, it was almost freezing this morning and it shouldn’t be any warmer than 55 today. So I sit inside the homestead listening to the Ham Radio on the left and the TV on the right while trying to write this story in the middle. It is difficult to constipate I mean concentrate with all that talking.
                Everyone knows I do not often criticize others, and I really do not appreciate being criticized or questioned, but I have received a comment from my one and only reader, so I will respond.
The comment was in response to my posting of the 26th regarding, “Five teen or fifteen”. My one reader noted that I was incorrect in my supposition about five teen. My only reader stated that he believes they should not have started with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and so on, instead they should have started with, “1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and so on. In doing so, fifteen would then be correct. (example, fourth-teen, fifth-teen, sixth-teen)
                I appreciate my one and only reader, so I don’t want to state that he is wrong because, he might stop reading and then I would have nothing.         

                I received a bill for my Sirius XM radio and it was too high. I called them to cancel my subscription and they asked why. I explained that I was a poor senior person who is on a fixed income and the cost was just too expensive. Feeling sorry for me they cut the bill by 48%. For my one and only reader, that is almost half of the original bill.
                I wonder how many people renew their satellite service at the higher price. I knew they would reduce the bill because they did the same thing for us before. Ask and you might receive! Don’t ask and you will pay too much.                  Cancel, nope!
                When I was in my 50s, it bothered me if I were offered a senior discount. Now I ask for a discount almost anytime I purchase anything.

Ask not, and ye shall not receive!

Don Ford

No comments: