Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Nothing to do 01.05.17

            The title statement isn’t true, there are plenty of things I need to do, but it is too cold for a retired senior citizen person to get outside and do them. Think it is cold today (32), wait until tomorrow, it is predicted to get colder (19).
            The prognosticators were trying to get the Real Texans and us Naturalized Texans to think we might have a chance of some winter mix. (Winter mix means, there could be snow flurries, or sleet, or freezing rain.) The prognosticators get our hopes up and then nothing but cold weather! They do it for ratings!
            I took a photo this morning, when I ventured out of the Homestead to retrieve my spouse’s so called newspaper. Yes, I was forced out the front door without a jacket. She did allow me to wear my old, and may I say, “Well-worn house shoes”, (Well-worn means they have seen better days, donations may be sent to the Ford Homestead web site).
            As I shivered in the cold, attempting to retrieve the newspaper from the cold wet and almost frozen grass, I looked to the south east. There must have been a terrible fire, possibly due to someone having built a fire in their living room attempting to stay warm (without a fire place).  Photo below.
 
            I am sure you can see the red glow from the many fires early this morning.

May you not need to have a fire in your living room!
          (If you have a fire place, it is ok to have the fire in the living room!)

Don Ford

No comments: