Translate

Monday, May 23, 2016

Harvest begins slowly 05.23.16


            Here at the Ford Homestead, there are few things that cause my present spouse of 47 years to be happier than when the harvest begins. Yes, you guessed it, as the harvest at the Ford Homestead increases, the time she spends on the road side picking up aluminum cans, lessens.
            We are all happy that she can stay home and enjoy various other projects at the homestead. Many of these projects are put aside, when she is working the highways and byways.
Glad to have you home more, Sugar Bear (before you ask, it is a nick name). 
            I have been harvesting the black berries daily, the birds are taking a few but I am gathering more. No there has not been an appearance of, “The Black Berry Cobbler” yet, but now that she can stay home more, I am sure it will be one of the many projects for my present spouse.  
            We have gathered a couple full sized tomatoes and many cherry tomatoes. The Peppers are producing along with squash, and we have onions out the wazoo. Shown below are a few of the harvested items.
 
                On a slightly differed subject, Bonnie and Clyde were killed by Texas Troopers on this day in 1934. For the one non believer, go ahead and check it out, you will see I am correct. Yes it was before I was born, I am old, but not that old.
May your harvest be generous!
Don Ford           

No comments: