Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Department 05.04.16


                This morning I was sitting in my recliner in a total daze I mean, intensely observing the TV news. There was an advertisement wanting to sell a dress for half the price of that at a department store. This advertising store, which I will not mention the name, has many departments. My question is, if a store is divided into various areas, is that not a department store? Maybe this advertiser thinks of their store as “a section store”.

            Yesterday I was forced to work on my knees in the overwhelming pollen. I was on my knees in the garden pulling weeds and dusting the plants.
            Before that one person askes, and I use the term person loosely, dusting does not mean that I was removing dust from the plants, I was putting sevin dust on the plants.
            After being on my knees for what seemed to be hours, I was then forced into getting the string trimmer out, and trimming the weeds in the back yard and along the fence, on the ditch side. After that, I staggered to my rocking chair, near the garage door, and fell into it, exhausted, and barely alive.
            It took several hands full of peanuts, and a diet coke before my body began to recover.

May the force be eliminated!
                        Did you get that point, do not force your husband to work!
Don Ford

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Mr Ford, do you hire out to perform lawn work? I can line up quite a few jobs for you in Fort Wayne and I promise to take only a modest percentage to supplement my fixed income. My wife would probably prefer your quality of work vs our current yardman...however as I tell her, "You get what you pay for."