Translate

Monday, August 11, 2014

Is He / She Perfect? 08.11.14

 
                Have you ever thought about having the perfect spouse? This article will provide the reader (you) with information about the perfect spouse.
                This morning as I was beginning my morning constitutional, I was thinking about how good my life has been and all the many blessings I have had over the years. I was also thinking about how hot and humid it was and the fact that there was no wind.
                Back to the subject at hand, “The Perfect Spouse”.
Do I have the, “perfect spouse”?
Am I the, “perfect spouse”?
I understand that many of you will find it difficult to believe that I, may not be, “the perfect Spouse”. If I am not, “the perfect spouse”, does he / she exist?
 
                Certain facts need to be established at the beginning of this article such as;
The qualities of the perfect spouse, is totally different for a male, as compared to a female.
The description of the perfect spouse varies, and is in the eyes of the beholder.
 
                Since I am a male, I will not attempt to provide a female description of the perfect spouse, but I will offer some male points of view. 
                A perfect spouse listens to what you have to say, does not interrupt, and occasionally asks for more information.
                A perfect spouse has no opinions on anything.
                A perfect spouse does not enjoy shopping, who only goes to the store for items needed for the house like food and toilet paper.
                A perfect spouse does not have any favorite TV shows, and only watches what you like.
                A perfect spouse believes her husband needs a night out with the boys.
                A perfect spouse has all meals ready when the husband is ready to eat.
                A perfect spouse dresses for her husband at all times.
                A perfect spouse wants to make her spouse happy at all costs.
I could continue with how the perfect spouse acts or responds to her husband’s wishes and desires, but I think you get the idea. 
                As we contemplate this perfect spouse, a thought comes to mind. This perfect spouse puts her husband’s desires, wishes and feelings ahead of her own. Instead of a perfect spouse, we may have been describing a servant. By servant I do not mean a paid employee, I am referring to a forced servant like those we see on TV where they do everything for the King or Queen.
Another thought comes to mind, having the perfect spouse would be very tiresome. Never having the occasional disagreement, never hearing a different opinion from yours, would be very unstimulating. 
                For those of you who do not have the perfect spouse, you should be happy. Your life is much more stimulating than mine, and filled with lively discussions. When your spouse interrupts you, be happy.
I am here to say, it is dull when your every desire is met without question.  
 
Work toward perfection in your work not in a spouse.
 
Don Ford
 
** All the above facts are true and correct, some text may be fictional.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rev Ford, will there be another blog on the subject of the "perfect co-worker"? I anticipate that this would be just as stimulating...and entertaining!

John Snider