Translate

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First day at school 2014

                Monday was Alex’s first day at school, (pre –K day care) and Tuesday was Gabi’s first day in the second grade.

Photos by “Ms. Donna”;

Alex has his father’s fake smile. He enjoyed his first day at school.

 

Miss Gabi, being very independent, did not want her grandpa to walk her to class.

This is the first time in a long time that we have not had one or both of the grand kids here on a weekday (excluding vacations) it feels a little lonely.

 

Today, I have been allowed to take my first wife’s vehicle to get the oil changed.  I will be heading to a friend’s house to, “hopefully”, install a printer.

We are back and the printer was successfully installed. I corrected a few other things with the PC.

On a different subject:

The other day as my spouse of 45 years and I were picking aluminum cans up from the streets of Hewitt, (we pick up aluminum cans to make extra money) I noticed a sign in the window of a business that read, “Coin Laundry”. I don’t believe I have ever been in this building.

This, “coin laundry” is across the street from the police station. The city of Hewitt is building a new police station which will also house the fire department and other city functions. Yes it is a complete waste of money and it is my understanding, the city manager is building this to amplify his self-image.

I have always thought that laundering money was illegal, so why would they laundry money, and why coins, across the street from city hall.

It is an odd world…

 

I hope your first day is nice, and the rest are better. 

 

Don Ford

No comments: