Translate

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Holiday? 08.31.14

 
                It is the last day of August and winter is on its way. That being said, I of course, am completely correct. Winter is on its way, but for us here in the lone star state, it will be a few months away.
                The sun is moving more to the south each day, which causes my rocking chair shade to not be available as soon as it should be. When winter arrives, I am happy to have the sun shunning from the southern hemisphere, as it shines on the rocking chair which is totally appreciated during the winter months.
                I have been looking for some instructions for a hand held radio (walkie talkie) and during the search I found an old digital camera. It is the second digital camera that I have owned (we have owned 4 other cameras since this one was retired). I put it on a charger and it still works. The screen on the back is very small by today’s standards, only about 1 inch by 1.25 inch. There were some photos in the camera, a couple were of Tejas.
                I took a couple more photos and I will place them in this article.
Above is a plant that I have been working on for several years. Cross breeding these plants is a hobby and I have finally accomplished my goal. This is my version of the “spider plant” (that statement was made up, my spouse of 45 years bought the plant).
I used the old camera to take the photo and as you can see it works fairly well. 
 
                Again the old camera takes a good photo.
 
If you are not retired, I hope you enjoy your holiday away from work. Those of us retired people we never have a day away from work, even if it is a holiday.
                No, I did not find the instructions I was looking for.
 
I hope your instructions are clear.
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: