Translate

Friday, August 29, 2014

It rained 08.29.14

 
                We have a holiday this Monday and the weather man is calling for rain. We were surprised this morning with a nice short rain, we got about 2/10th of an inch.
                I had climbed out of bed a little early this morning and went through the normal morning routines. At some point I turned the TV on and they were saying we might get some rain. The radar was indicating rain very near, “The Ford Homestead”. I being somewhat inquisitive, proceeded outside to look at the sky.
                Pleasantly surprised was I, when I felt the ever so light, misty rain on my delicate skin. It was nice and cool so I decided to take my walk before the rain arrived. Walking stick in hand I started down the street. I was in front of the neighbor’s house when I could hear the large rain drops hitting the leaves on the tree.
                Being the delicate flower that I am, I returned to the garage where I stood inside and watched it rain. I did not get to walk, but the rain helped me get over the disappointment.
                Now there was a special event this morning as the rain was quitting. There were two rainbows in the sky at the same time. The two rainbows may have been Mother Nature’s way of saying, she was sorry for cutting my morning constitutional short.
You may need to look closely to see the second rainbow which is on the right side of the photo.
 Click on the photo to see it better.
Look to the right of the tower for the second rainbow.
This photo from a slightly different point of view.
Do you think there would be a pot of gold at the end of both rainbows?
Another question, is there gold at both ends of a rainbow or just one end?
If it is just at one end, what do you get when you go to the other end?
 
I hope you fine the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: