Translate

Saturday, June 28, 2014

A short ride by Biker Don 06.28.14

 
                A cloudy day with a 20% chance of rain but not everyone would get rain.
                I decided to wash the bike since the sun was behind the clouds. I don’t work in the direct sun light if I can avoid it, and the bike dries too fast causing water spots when the sun is directly on the bike.
                While washing the bike I remembered that I need to get some gas and I need to go by the bank to get $5.00 (my weekly allowance since I am on a fixed income). All of a sudden I had this bright idea, I would also ride to Glen Rose for lunch. It would be about 80 miles there and another 80 or so back.
                I finished the washing of the bike, then I washed myself. I rode to the bank and got my $5.00 then to the gas station and got gas for the bike. With that all done I headed out for Glen Rose. I made the turn off highway 6 onto county road 56. It seemed even cloudier now. As I was riding I could smell fresh rain, but there was nothing falling on me or the bike. I noticed that the road was wet, which indicated a rain had passed through ahead of me.
                Not being easily discouraged, I rode on.  “Biker Don” is not afraid of a little rain but he is afraid of a lot of rain.  I again rode through an area where there had been rain just a short time before I arrived.
                Glen Rose is out, and I am now heading for the Bunk House in Clifton TX. On the way there was additional areas of wet road indicating scattered showers.
                The day was very gray and gloomy when all of a sudden it was surprisingly bright. To my right there was a field of sunflowers. It was truly a pleasant surprise and a high point of this ride.
Please ignor the johnson grass in the forground of the photo, I took them while riding and was not able to eliminate the weeds.
The rest of the ride was uneventful.
 
I hope your day is filled with sunflowers.
 
Don Ford

No comments: