Translate

Friday, June 27, 2014

"Overpopulation" good or bad Part 2 06.27.14

 
            Back again, and today I will stay on subject. There will be no drifting into, “leftfield”, I am staying in center field and focused.
            Overpopulation was evident and on my mind again this morning, as I meandered through the neighborhood.
            I have found that starting my morning walks at a slow pace helps get the body ready for the quicker steps that will follow. I assume it is something like athletes stretching their muscles before an event.
            This morning I was slowly walking down the street, when there was a squirrel about 40 feet ahead of me walking the same direction along the curb. This squirrel would walk about 4 or 5 steps then stop stand on his back legs and look at me. He would then walk a few more steps and repeat the action.  I was wondering why he didn’t just run into someone’s yard and up a tree.
            This silly squirrel continued this process for about 50 feet. The curb turned to the left as we were entering a cul-de-sac at the end of the street. The squirrel made the corner and I could not see him until he stopped and stood on his back feet. I could see his head over the curb for a moment and down he went, out of sight again.
            All of a sudden this squirrel popped up about 2 feet in the air. I can’t say he did a back flip but he wasn’t far from it. I thought, there must be something like a snake that scared him.
Down on the ground again I could not see him until I rounded the corner. I was curious to see what had made him jump into the air. There was a wet spot and some rocks but no snake. I assume he was focused on me and was surprised by the wet spot.
This darn squirrel continued along the curb, into a drive way, and then up the drive way to a wooden fence. Maybe he was afraid of trees.
 
In studies done of the overpopulation, the * FHA has determined that over population is both bad and good. At this point in time the overpopulation is not good. Providing food is a major concern and the unsanitary conditions that exist due to overpopulation can be seen almost everywhere.
We should understand, in the near future this overpopulation will be our saving grace.
 
As many of you may know, our country is basically without proper leadership. Yes we have politicians, whose job it is to lead, but they are leading us down the road to a point of no return.
I believe that many politicians at one time in their life wanted to be leaders, wanted to make a difference, wanted to represent, “we the people”.
All their good intentions fall away as they become more interested in following the party lines and being, “re-elected”.
It is my opinion, many of these politicians are not capable of leadership, but they enjoy, being thought of as whatever their title is.
It is also my opinion, many politicians believe they are doing the right thing when bureaucrats are appointed to head up or run an agency. Look at the VA and we see what bureaucrats wanting more money in the form of bonuses, have done.
It is my belief, that many of the, “politicians” should be removed from office. Term limits would definitely help. 
My beliefs applies to politicians from your local city council, all the way to the president.
 
Why did I bring up the political world when I was talking about overpopulation? We will discuss that that in a coming article.
 
I hope your day is politics free.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: