Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Money Making Idea 06.19.14

 
                As I was watering the flowers the other afternoon, a woman walking her dog came up my side of the street. As she walked past my mail box, she restrained her dog from urinating on the post. She smiled and said, “Nice Grass”, which surprised me as I though the grass was hidden behind, “The Ford Homestead”. Then I realized that she was referring to the grass in my lawn.
                Seniors living on a fixed income need to find ways to attain additional income, without disclosing it to the IRS.  A small cash crop in the back yard is ideal for extra income.
                We here at, “The Ford Homestead” have found a way to openly have an additional cash crop that the man will never find. We have purchased a pool for the back yard twelve easy payments. It looks innocent enough, but we are stocking it with shrimp and crawfish, also known as crawdads.
                I am sure we will be able to corner the market in a few months and my present wife may be able to stop picking up aluminum cans from the road side.
Below are before and after photos from behind, “The Ford Homestead”.
 
                We will allow the grandkids to swim in the pool as long as they don’t hurt the shrimp and crawdads.
                For that one person that believes we have grass, pot, marijuana growing in the back yard that was a joke.
On a totally different subject:
                As you may well know, I occasionally ride with friends from the local Honda shop on Thursday evening dinner rides. This past Thursday the ride was going to the Tokyo Store. We had been fore warned that the food was good and the service was slow.
                The ride to the store was good to a point, but everything changed when the lead bike turned onto a very dry and extremely dusty gravel road. Someone later said it was a five mile gravel road. It seemed like 20 miles to me.
                We arrived after 8:00pm at the store. I think it use to be a store and that is where it gets its name, it is actually a bar.
This old building must be experienced to be believed. The old wood floors were very weak and the wood was uneven, it gave way when anyone walked on it. You did not need to be intoxicated to be staggering on that floor. When anyone walked by your table the table would move. They have patched holes in the floor with old license plates.
Jason, Wayne and I ordered our food with in about 2 minutes of each other. About 45 minutes later, Jason and I received our food. Wayne’s food arrived at the table about 10 minutes after I had finished eating.
A few of us left the store heading for home a little before 10:00pm. As you may know that is way past my curfew bed time. I decided to put my denim jacket on as it has protective plates in the arms and back just in case I would go down.
The jacket is too warm to wear in the day but not too bad after the sun goes down.
The ride toward home was good with little traffic and no deer on the road. All went well and we all split up when we got to I-35 near the Cracker Barrel. I took the on ramp and got out on I-35. There was a lot of traffic and as usual it was running a little over the speed limit.
Break lights ahead and the traffic was coming to a very slow crawl. At times we were stopped then move slow. It was as if I was walking down the interstate. I was in the center lane of three lanes and I had large trucks all around me.
There was plenty of hot exhaust from trucks and cars. I had the jacket and full helmet on. I thought I might have to sneak between the 18 wheelers to try to get to the shoulder of the road to get my coat off. 89 degrees with a coat and helmet is hotter than well, let’s say it was hot.
Then I was bless with a flatbed trailer next to me, and we were on a bridge. I could feel a cool breeze. Since we were sitting still I pulled my jacket open and allowed the air to circulate.
Darn, the traffic moved a little and the breeze was gone.
I spent 25 minutes in this, hot stop and go traffic. I went past the new Baylor stadium and did not see it, due to the trucks around me.
I arrived home about 30 minutes later than I should have due to the traffic. My coat, helmet and I were all soaked from sweat.
 
I hope your traffic is light and your shrimp are large.
 
Don Ford

No comments: