Translate

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's next, a lion 06.12.14

                Some of you know that a full grown deer, a buck with horns, ran through the front yard one morning as I stood there coffee in hand, amazed. We have seen Turkeys in the tree at a neighbor’s house, there were horny toads and roadrunners here when we first moved in.
                Yesterday morning as I sat in my favorite man-rocker, sipping on a delicious cup of coffee when I was surprised and startled by a big hawk chasing birds. This hawk was diving after a bird when he/she flew within 15 feet of me. It happens so fast that I could not have gotten a photo even if I had a camera in my hand. It was not a small red tail hawk, it was large and fast.
                Later in the day, after taking two naps, I had decided to mow the front yard. I mowed as usual, first in one direction, then I re-mowed in another direction. I believe this extra time put into grooming the yard helps make it look manicured. I did make one mistake while mowing, I was going to mow one notch higher but I forgot to raise the mower.
                Once I had finished mowing, I took the leaf blower and blew the grass off the drive and from the street back into the yard. I was approaching the neighbors drive when I saw it. It was a snake, about 4 foot long, crossing the street. It was coming to our side of the street.
                I checked to be sure it was not a rattler, and it wasn’t. I called my present spouse to bring the camera. I then called the animal control office. He removed the rat snake.

                So what’s next, a lion?  
 
Have a surprise free day.
 
Don Ford
               

No comments: