Translate

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stalking is illegal in some situations 06.03.14

 
 
            Heck with all the seemingly illegal things that some political figures do, why would stalking be illegal?
            First, I want to go on record as saying, “I am not now nor have I ever stalked in an illegal manner”.
            As Alex and I were enjoying the shade behind, “The Ford Homestead”, I was contemplating the noon day sun and how it would provide the power through my solar panels to charge the battery in the shed.
It was then that I thought about the small solar charger that I had laid on the hood of my present spouse’ vehicle, to collect some sun light which charges the unit. The unit can then be used to charge other devices like cell phones.
Since my spouse’ vehicle was gone I wondered where my small charger had been placed. I searched the garage and office space to no avail. I asked my first wife if she had laid the unit somewhere and she had not.
My assumption; my spouse of 45 years drove off with the unit on the hood of the vehicle and it is permanently lost.
Back to my original thought, “Stalking”. As I said, Alex and I were enjoying the early summer like heat in the back yard and I was attempting to reacquaint myself with an old camera. This camera has a telephoto lens so I can’t get too close when taking a photo. The automatic focus on the short lens stopped working, but the telephoto sill works.
It is common knowledge that I, am an excellent shutterbug so working with a telephoto lens is no big deal.
As I stood there, camera in hand, I saw a squirrel run across the roof at the back of the house. I was wondering where he/she was planning to go, as there is no tree at that end of the house. This squirrel jumped from the roof into a bush.
Molly, our attack cat, was observing the same squirrel as she ran to the bottom of the same bush. She stood there like a statue, as she stalked the squirrel.
My thoughts, as I was aiming the camera were, we will see Molly with a squirrel sandwich in a minute. The squirrel made a good decision and stopped at the top of the bush, briefly surveyed the situation, and jumped back to the top of the house.
In the photo below we see, Molly the stalker, observing the squirrel, but not moving.
            Someone asked, why should the squirrel be worried about a cat, possibly the following photos can answer that question.
 She has no fear of climbing and;
she can conceal herself fairly well.
 
If you are out on a limb, don’t use a saw. 
 
Don Ford

No comments: