Translate

Monday, June 16, 2014

A perfect moment by Don Ford

 
                A Robin is hopping through the grass in our yard, she came within a few feet of me, seemingly knowing that I would not harm her.
There is a gentle breeze moving the air which helps make the heat more bearable.
This being Father’s Day, I was thinking about all the blessings I have had throughout my life, and there have been many. Some people may consider what I define as blessings to be good luck, in the right place at the right time, he/she gets all the breaks and they are correct. They have been blessed. 
I looked up at the blue sky and mentally was thanking the Good Lord for my blessings. I have always thought that I have been bless due to prayers from family and friends. I know it has nothing to do with me deserving these blessings.
As I brought my gaze back down to street level, the wind seemed to stop, all was calm. The sun had been shining brightly, when it seemed to have declined in intensity, similar to the amount of light one sees during a solar eclipse.
There were no cars in sight, no people moving and no loud sounds. There were no akes or pains, no concerns for a while.
I thought, “This is a perfect moment in time”. All was well at this moment in time. I sat here motionless, drinking in the moment, wishing it would not end. It was almost as if I were dreaming, a perfect moment in time.
 
                Thankful

No comments: