Translate

Friday, June 6, 2014

As big as my Thumb 06.05.14

 
            Yes, it is true, things are bigger in Texas. 
I have also heard that things go better with Coke. 
What I don’t know is, “what things go better with what kind of Coke”.
 
I digress; what is as big as my thumb?
Get your mind out of the gutter, I can’t believe the thoughts that flash into your head.
 
I have a photo of my thumb that I will post below.
I don’t think my thumb is that unusual?
To be open and honest with you, and to stop your imagination from running away, I will show my entire hand in a photo below and you will be able to see what I have displayed.
 Recent studies have shown that only 20 of these berries are needed to make a cobbler. The problem is keeping the birds away from these huge berries.
 There are two blackberry vines at, “The Ford Homestead Gardens” and one produces large berries as seen in the photo above. This one berry was large enough for Alex and me both to have a bite.
            Alex considers the blackberries as his garden while he considers the onion patch to be his sisters.
            Gabi graduates from the 1st grade today. This is the last day of this school year.
I have explained to both Gabi and Alex that they will be required to work this summer, doing such tasks as washing dishes, vacuuming, mopping and mowing the yard. This will allow my present wife and me to take well deserved naps during the day.
Does Gabi know how to drive the mower? See the photo below and you will have the answer.
 The motor stopped a couple times while Gabi was driving, finally I remembered that the seat has a shut off switch and if Gabi raised up just a little it would shut off. Once I remembered, I explained to Gabi if she needed to stop just raise up off the seat. (She was not mowing, just driving the mower, and I was close by)
 
I hope your summer vacation is… 
 
Don Ford

No comments: