Translate

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Attentive to details, 06.17.14

               
 
                As many of you know, I am very attentive to details. The smallest details seem to garner my attention. If I were going to define my ability to see things that others miss, I would say I am, “Absorbent”.
                Some of you know I have been trying to exercise a little each morning by taking a walk before it starts to warm up. Yesterday afternoon I decided I would get my bike off the hooks where it has been hanging in the garage for longer that I like to remember.
            I put air in the tires in preparation for a ride the next morning.
Yep, I decided to occasionally substitute an early morning ride for walking. When riding, one gets to see more scenery in the same amount of time as walking.
Below is a photo of the, “Ford Man Bike”.
 
                This morning I brought the, “Ford Man Bike” out of the garage and readied myself for a brisk morning ride. I was not able to ride the bike, something was wrong. The bike refused to go.
 
                What a conundrum, I could not ride the bike.
 
                I sat there in my “Man Rocker”, Observing the bike and Absorbing the information. Yes I do know the difference between observe and absorb, and I can do both at the same time.
 
                Did you see anything wrong with the bike? Anything that might keep it from going? Do you think the white wall tires makes a statement or just says, “Old time looking bike”?
 
                If you were unable to see a problem with the bike, look at the pedals.
 
                I did go for a ride this morning, while I was riding the right peddle came lose and I had to walk part of the way home. Luckily, it is a downhill ride the last block or so and I didn’t have to walk all the way home. I put the pedal on backwards for the photo opportunity. 
 
Happy Tuesday!
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: