Translate

Monday, June 9, 2014

Ghost or poltergeist? 06.09.14

 
In traditional belief, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living.
In folklore and parapsychology, a poltergeist is a type of ghost or other supernatural being supposedly responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and objects moved around or destroyed. Most accounts of poltergeists describe movement or levitation of objects, such as furniture and cutlery, or noises such as knocking on doors.
            The other morning just before 6:00am I was in the kitchen getting ready to prepare my morning repast (breakfast) of cereal, when I heard a noise at my computer.
Under each of my computers I have fans that are powered by the computer. These fans are there to help cool the computer and only run when the computer is turned on. These fans are rather noisy when they first come on.
One of the fans came on and ran for about 6 seconds. I walked in to see if I had left something on, neither computer was on.
I have a small battery powered clock in the computer room and it was off by about 20 minutes one day. The clock was running, the second hand was moving at the correct speed. I reset the clock to the correct time and the next day it was off by 3 hours. The clock was still running and the second hand was moving at the expected speed. The clock has stayed on tome since…
I found a beat up old penny on the drive way where I have swept many times. There was no logical reason for the penny to be there.
A few days later I noticed something in the flower bed next to my, “Man Rocker”. (I have decided to call my rocking chair a, “Man Rocker” as it sounds more masculine.) It was a very old and worn penny. I could not see any marking on the head side of the coin, I could faintly see the tell side of the coin.
A couple days later, laying in front of my, “Man Rocker” I found and old rusty screw. There was no reason for this old rusty screw to be there. (See screw photo below)
Either someone is playing a trick on this senior citizen, or there is a ghost or poltergeist trying to tell me something. 
I am betting on a poltergeist since they make noise and move things around.
 
I hope all your spirits do not come from a bottle.
 
Don Ford

No comments: