Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

Nothing to write about 06.23.14

 
                Today is Monday, June 23rd, 2014 and I have nothing to write about. The weekend was kinda lazy with some needed rain Saturday night and Sunday morning. Here, at “The Ford Homestead”, we received ½ inch of rain over about ten hours.
I describe that type of slow easy rain as a Missouri rain. It is not in a hurry to get here and not in a hurry to leave. 
                Late Sunday afternoon I could hear thunder to the north of us. Observations from the front yard indicated dark clouds in the direction of the thunder. Being an inquisitive senior, I proceeded to the front room where I tuned the TV to the local weather channel.
                The radar indicated heavy rain with some lightening over Waco, but nothing over Hewitt. Hewitt had sunny skies while the storm raged over Waco. We later learned that Waco received over 4 inches of rain in a very short time period, while we remained rain free for the same time period.
                There is a set of Siamese twins in the neighborhood. I must say I was somewhat surprised at this discovery, but I guess we should, “expect the unexpected”.
Now that I have written that, I am wondering if one can expect the unexpected. If it is unexpected can you expect it? I believe one can, “expect to be surprised” but is being surprised the same as expecting the unexpected?
Whatever; I have a photo of the Siamese twins.
Siamese twin squash, along with tomatoes, jalapenos and black berries. I should have placed a ruler in the photo so you could get a better idea of the size. Both black berries are close to an inch and a half long, the odd shaped tomato is at least 6 inches across. My first wife wanted the tomato plant that produces this type of fruit. I am not sure of the name, it may be name antique.
                Odd shaped tomato or not, they still taste good.  
                Notice that I accented the photo by using a yellow towel and a red towel which helped contrasts the color of the fruit/vegetables.
                You are possibly thinking that, “The Reverend Mr. Ford” is a master of many things and photography is just one of the many. I like the term, “Maestro”. 
 
                Odd, there was nothing to write about, and I wrote about it.
 
I hope your day is fruitful.
 
Maestro Donald R. Ford

No comments: